The Provident Building was built in 1909. The building in the late 1960’s became home to a woodworking and furniture business owned by Jonathan Loop, which operated up until the sale of the building in 2000. An owner-managed restoration and conversion of a light manufacturing facility provided 6 floors of office with exposed natural heavy timber framing and concrete walls. The restoration maintained the expansive 11’-0” to 13’-0” foot ceiling heights and provided the tenant with highly efficient floor plates. The building’s windows are operable and achieved by retrofitting the building with energy efficient building systems.
Owner: Martin Smith Inc.Contractor: Foushee & AssociatesLender: Sterling
Architect: OtakLocation: Pioneer SquareProject Size: 75,000 SqFt
Project Cost: $11MMType: OfficeStatus: Completed 2000